Kingdom of South Asia- The Chera The Chola and The Pandya Kingdom:-
The Chera Kingdom
The Chera kingdom or The Chera Dynasty was ruling in modern Kerala or Malabar areas. This kingdom is considered to be the oldest ruler of South India. The capital of the Cher Dynasty was Venji. The insignia of Cher kingdom was the bow and arrow.
Facts Related to the Chera Kingdom:
- The first Cher ruler was “Udiyan Jerel.”
- The Cher ruler “Nandujaral” is called ”
- Cher State was famous for buffalo, jackfruit, and black pepper.
- Cher ruler was the first king who sent an embassy to China from South
Kingdom of South Asia- The Chola and The Pandya Kingdom
The Chola Kingdom
The first capital of Chola state was Uraiyur and later shifted to Tanjore. King Karikala was the famous Sangam Chola king who built a dam to stop damage caused by Kaveri river flood. He also built irrigation tank from the Kaveri river.
- The insignia of Chola kingdom was a tiger.
- Click here and get to know about Mahajanapadas and their capital in Ancient History
The Pandya Kingdom
Padya kingdom was ruling in the modern southern Tamil Nadu. The capital of Pandya was Madurai. The Insignia of this kingdom was Carp. It is said that Madurai was destroyed due to Kovlan’s wife Kannagi curse. Pandya king Neduncheliyan had given death punishment of Kovlan.