Birthday Anniversary of Famous Actor Paresh Rawal on 30 May
Born: 30 May 1950
Occupation: Lok Sabha Member(Ahmedabad East), Actor
Affiliated to: Bharatiya Janata Party
Paresh Rawal is an Indian actor known for his comedic roles since the 1990s. He also has many successful feature films in Tollywood. He is currently a member of the Lok Sabha.
Paresh Rawal’s Biography
Paresh Rawal was born to a Gujarati family in Mumbai. He can speak Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, and English as well. His debut was in the Bollywood film Arjun in 1985. While initially, he appeared as a villain in films in the 80s and 90s, his cult hit Hera Pheri in 2000 was a comedic hit. For the next decade, he did mainly comedy movies such as Hulchul, Malamaal Weekly, and Garam Masala. He appeared in hit Telugu movies such as Rikshavodu.
Paresh Rawal won the Ahmedabad East seat in 2014, on a BJP ticket.
He contested and won the Ahmedabad East seat in 2014, on a BJP ticket. Since then, he has waded into national dialogue from time to time. In 2017, he created controversy for his comments batting for “tying Arundhati Roy” to a jeep. This was in reference to an incident where a Kashmiri protester was tied to an Army jeep as a human shield.
Paresh Rawal’s Career and Achievements
- He has appeared in several very successful Gujarati plays, the last of which happened to be Dear Father.
- Paresh Rawal appeared as lead actor for the movie Oh My God in 2010. The movie also featured Akshay Kumar. He also produced the film.
- He has appeared in Andaaz Apna Apna, Chachi 420 and Hera Pheri which were the most successful comedies of the 1990s.
Paresh Rawal was awarded the Padma Shri in 2014 by the Indian Government.
- He is said to be working on a biopic of Indian PM Narendra Modi, which will mark his second production.
- He appeared in two Doordarshan TV serials in the 1980s – Bante Bigadhte and Chunauti.
Paresh Rawal’s Awards and Recognition
- He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2014 by the Indian Government. The award is the fourth highest civilian honor.
- He was awarded the National Film Award for best actor in a supporting role for his work in Wo Chokri(1993) and Sir(1994).
- He has also won three Filmfare awards – won for Best Villain(1993) and two for Best Comedian(2001, 2003).
Top GK Website for Competitive Exam