The prince of UAE, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan paid a visit to be the chief guest in the republic day celebration on 24th Jan 2017. It was his second visit in less than a year. The visit indicates a strong relation ties going between India and UAE. Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the second chief guest who attended the republic day celebrations after the king of Saudi Arabia King Abdullah –bin- Abdulaziz in the year 2006.
Important Points related to visit from Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed-
- He reached India on Jan 24 on a three-day He had a bilateral discussion with prime minister of India, Narendra Modi. He also discussed the growth of MOUs signed between the two countries.
- The relationship between UAE and India were laid by Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the founder of UAE in 1974.
- The highest point in the mutual relations was during the rule of Indira Gandhi when the religious strengthening it and by laying the foundation of the mosque that too by a Hindu lady.
- Currently, the Bilateral agreements with UAE are laid on the following four pillars:
- Security and Defence
- Welfare of its expat community
- Trade & Commerce
- Energy Security
- Along with his highness, Sheikh Nahyan was a high-level delegation which comprised of Cabinet ministers, Senior Officials and Business Leaders.
- The minister of external affairs from India and the UAE ministry of foreign affairs are planning a strategic dialogue discussing international matters related to trade etc. of mutual concern.
- Both the countries had also signed an MOU following zero-tolerance against terrorism.
- They agreed for signing an MOU considering the white-shipping (nonmilitary) exchange related to the field of Hydrography.
- UAE had plans to invest a hefty amount of $75 billion for the rapid expansion of the infrastructure development of ROI.
- Concluding this memorable and very important visit paid by the sheik Nahyan, India can expect to grow at a higher pace.