On 3 August 2017, Mohammad Mustafa, who is a senior bureaucrat had been appointed as the Chairman and managing director (CMD) of the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI). Mustafa was the Joint Secretary of the Department of Financial Services (DFS) in the Finance Ministry before his appointment as the chairman of SIDBI.
Highlights of Mohammad Mustafa Appointment:
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his appointment for three years.
- He is an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Officer of 1995 batch from Uttar Pradesh cadre.
- Since November 2014, Mustafa has been a Non-Executive Nominee Director of the Bank of Baroda.
- From 2015, he is the Government Nominee Director of The New India Assurance Co Ltd.
- In 2014- 2015, he had served as the Chairman of the Board of National Housing Bank.