Launch of warship INS Chennai an indigenously built warship
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar launched an indigenously built warship INS Chennai on November 21 in Mumbai. The Warship INS Chennai is the third and the final warship in “Kolkata-category.”
Facts related to Kolkata Category Warship:
- This project was executed in Mumbai’s Mazagaon Dockyard with the code name of Project 15-A.
- The other two warships in the Kolkata category are:-
- INS Kolkata – Launched on August 16, 2014.
- INS Kochi – Launched in September 30, 2015.
- INS Chennai is a 163-meter-long warship with a load-carrier capability of 7500 tons. The project started in February 2016.