Practice Quiz Set for Railway Group D Exam 2018 of 21st July 2018.
1. Which canal connects Mediterranean Sea with Red Sea?
[B] Corinthian canal.
[C] Suez canal.
[D] Panama canal.
2. Who has been sworn in as new Chief Justice of the Hyderabad High Court for the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh?
[B] R Nagendra Rao.
[C] T G Lingappa.
[D] Thottathil B Radhakrishnan.
3. Which of the following will become the first central paramilitary force to opt for e-ticketing instead of Railway warrant?
[B] Assam Rifles.
[C] Central Reserve Police Force.
[D] Sashastra Seema Bal.
4. A plot of 575 sq.ft is available at the rate of Rs.5500 per sq.ft. If 25% of the total cost of the plot is to be paid for booking the plot. How much is the booking amount?
5. Who introduced the famous persian festival of Nauroz?
[B] Firoz Tughlaq.
6. Who laid the foundation of Portuguese power in India?
[B] Vasco de Gama.
[C] Bartholomew Dias.
[D] St Thomas.
7. In which year Salt Satyagraha took place?
8. Which of the following countries has passed a law to declare that only Jews have right of self-determination?
9. What does FIFA stand for?
[B] Force Integration Functional Area.
[C] Fédération Internationale de Football Association.
[D] Fertilizer Industry Federation of Australia.
10. Fish-plates are used in railway tracks:
[B] To connect two rails.
[C] To avoid tracks being distorted due to temperature fluctuation.
[D] To keep the rails equidistant.