Born: 5 November 1988
Profession: Captain of Indian Cricket Team
On 11 dec 2017 Virat Kohli and Bollywood star Anushka Sharma( Bollywood actress and producer) have tied the knot, in Italy.
Achievements of Virat Kohli:
- Virat Kohli is the Captain of Indian National Team. He was born in Delhi. He plays in the Indian Premier League (IPL) for the Royal Challengers Banglore.
- Kohli started his career by playing for Delhi Under-15 team in the 2002-03 of Polly Umrigar Trophy. He was selected in the India Under-19 in 2006. In the same year, he made his 1st class debut for Delhi against Tamil Nadu.
- The year 2016 turned out to be Kohli’s best phase by some distance as he plundered runs across formats with the consistency reaching insane levels. He amassed over 2500 international runs at a mindboggling average of 86.50 with seven centuries and 13 half centuries from 40 innings.
Virat Kohli is the Captain of Indian National Team
- In 2008, he was selected as a Captain for Indian Team at the 2008 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup held in Malaysia. In 2012, he received ICC One Day International Player of the Year Award.
- He received Arjuna Award for Cricket in the year 2013. The Govt. of India awarded him with Padma Shri in 2017.
- This included a ‘Man of the Tournament’ award in the 2016 World T20 where India made the semifinals. In addition to this, he also racked up a phenomenal 900 runs in the Indian T20 League with an incredible four centuries to his name. During the 2016-17 season, Kohli also became the first batsman to register a double century in four successive Test series, going past the legendary Sir Donald Bradman and Rahul Dravid, both of whom had managed it for three consecutive series.