Born: 10 November 1967
Profession: Hindi and Telegu Film Actor
Achievements of Ashutosh Rana:
- Ashutosh Rana is an Indian Film Actor was born in Madhya Pradesh, India and a popular face in the Marathi, Kannada, Telugu and Tamil Film Industries. His full name is Ashutosh Rana Ramnarayan Neekhra.
- He started his acting career with the TV serial ‘Swabhiman, ’ and he made his first Bollywood debut with the movie ‘Dushman.’
- He has received Filmfare Award for Best Villain-Tamil for ‘Dushman’ (1999) and Sangharsh (2000) and has received Zee Cine Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role for the same.
- Ashutosh Rana has acted in films in seven regional languages out of the 12 in which films are made. He is the hindustani abhineta in its truest form. For an actor with such brilliant acting chops, Bollywood should definitely make room for more spine-chilling roles so that he could fit in.
Some of his notable films are
- Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hain
- Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya
- Dirty Politics, etc.
- A star is forced to become repetitive while it is the duty of the actor to break the stereotypes. That’s exactly what Ashutosh Rana did, he conquered Bollywood and our hearts with some memorable performances as a villain and when he refused to stick to stereotypes, Bollywood didn’t have much to offer to him.
His TV series is :-
- Kabhi Kabhi
- and a popular Show Kaali-Ek Agnipariksha.
He also did anchoring in the TV show Baazi Kiski.
- Cinema is a reflection of society, and as society changes so does our creativity. Earlier, we had a good guy and a bad guy. This tendency has changed now with movies opting for a more nuanced take on different aspects of life. This absence of ‘villains’ makes us miss Ashutosh Rana even more.