Born: 12 November 1940
Death: 27 July 1992
Profession: Film Actor and Director
Achievements of Amjad Khan:
- Amjad Khan was born in Peshawar, North-West Frontier Province, British India. He was an Indian Film Actor and Director. His full name is Amjad Zakaria Khan.
- He started his career as a theatre actor, and he made his debut with the film Nazneen (1951).
- He made his debut as an adult actor in Hindustan Ki Kasam in 1973.
- Qurbani attracts maximum attention for Zeenat Aman’s sexy moves in Aap Jaisa Koi and Feroz Khan smashing up a brand new Mercedes.
But it’s equally notable for Amjad Khan’s snazzy turn as the maverick, gum-chewing, sassy cop.
There’s never any attempt to go overboard even when he slips in and out of disguise or says the most flamboyant lines, My Name is Khan, Amjad Khan.
Gabbar Singh for the film Sholay
- He was famous for his role Gabbar Singh for the film Sholay by Salim Khan in 1975. He was popular for his negative roles in Hindi cinemas.
- He was the recipient of Filmfare award for Best Supporting Actor for the film Dada (1980), Yaarana (1982) and Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role for Maa Kasam (1986). Some of his popular films are Sholay, Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Chambal Ki Kasam, Maa Kasam, etc.
- In 1972, he married Sheila Khan, and the following year, she gave birth to their first child, Shadaab Khan, who acted in a few films. He also had a daughter Ahlam Khan and another son Seemaab Khan.
Famous Dialouge :-
- kitne aadmi the ?
- Ab tera kya hoga kalia?
- Ye Hath Mujhe de do thakur.
- JO Dar gaya Samjho mar gaya.
- Holi kab hai? Kab hai Holi?
- His funeral procession passed from his house in Pali Hill to the Muslim Burial in Bandra East. All major movie stars at that time attended and could be seen walking through the narrow lanes of Bandra.