20th September 2017, took Bollywood to the shades of sadness when Shakila, the famous Bollywood actress, passed away. The famous actress of 1950 passed away due to an immense heart attack at the age of 82. The announcement of her death was made by her nephew Nasir Khan on Facebook with a heavy heart. The actress was at the peak of success during the 50s and 60s for her smashing performance.
Some highlights about Shakila and her fame
- Shakila was born on 1st of January, 1935. She lost her parents at a very young age and was left with two other sisters namely, Noor (Noorjehan) and Nasreen.
- Dastaan was the debut movie of Shakila which was released in the year 1950.
- Shakila grabbed popularity for her roles in movies like CID and Aar Par that were released in 1956 and 1954 respectively.
- She also worked with Shammi Kapoor in the movie China Town that was directed by Shakti Samanta in 1962.
- Shakila has obtained the pleasure of working with popular actors like Shammi Kapoor, Guru Datt, Pradeep Kumar, Dev Anand, and much more giving popular hits and a list of melodious songs.
- Her career includes more than 40 hit movies.
- Shakila bid a goodbye to the film industry in the year 1963, when she married to Johny Barber and moved to the United Kingdom with him.
- She is also known as the fairy queen of the Indian Cinema.
- Johny Walker was the brother-in-law to Shakila, as he married her sister Noor (Noorjehan).
Some popular songs that would give a glimpse of her smiling face:
- Aankho hi aankho me ishara ho gaya – from the movie CID
- Babujee dhire chalna – from the movie Aar Par
- Baar baar dekho, hazar bar dekho – from the movie China Town