India and Italy completed 69 years of the establishment of diplomatic relations on 30th October, when the Prime Minister of Italy visited India and signed 6 MOUs. The Memorandum of Understandings were signed after detailed talks between the Prime Ministers of both India and Italy. It would boost the cooperation in sectors like energy, railways, and trade.
Highlights of the six MoUs:
- The first MOU was signed for the safety of Railway sector between India and Italy that demanded co-operation. For this, the countries signed the Joint Declaration of Intent of Cooperation.
- The second MOU was signed in the 70 years of diplomatic relations carried out by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation of Italy.
- The third MOU relates for co-operation between India and Italy in the field of Energy.
- The fourth MOU includes the Executive Protocol of Cultural Co-operation that relies on between India and Italy.
- The fifth MOU was for the promotion of mutual investments between the countries that include the Italian Trade Agency and the Invest India.
- The sixth MOU was signed between the Foreign Service Institute of Ministry of External Affairs of India and the Training Unit of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation of Italian Government.
Other details of the Italian Prime Minister visit:
- The visit of the Italian Prime Minister not only worked on the continuing engagements between the countries but also set new momentums that brought bilateral ties.
- The high-level talk also discussed the MOU that was signed in the year 2005, which engaged political co-operation from Foreign Ministers of both the countries.
- Both the Prime Ministers also revealed their satisfaction on the outcomes of the EU-India Summit that was held in Delhi on which Italian Prime Minister declare the strong support of Italy to India for a strategic partnership.