UNHCR (The United Nations High Commission for Refugees) on 9 November 2017 named as the recipient of Harmony Foundation’s Mother Teresa Memorial Award. The award is given for its exception all over for Social Justice 2017. The Theme for the Harmony Foundation is ‘Compassion beyond Borders, ‘ and the efforts of UNHCR fit very aptly into this theme. UNCR beautifully optimizes the theme with the Heroism of its volunteers and workers. It continues working tirelessly in crisis all over.
The award will be presented on 10 December 2017 to UNHCR on the great occasion of the legacy of Mother Teresa known as the “Saint of the Gutters.”
Background of Mother Teresa Memorial Awards:
- It is Founded in 2005 by DR. Abraham Mathai. The purpose of the award to establish the harmony between castes, communities, and religion.
- The foundation is working without any discrimination as to caste, community, creed, religion, gender or region.
- The Harmony Foundation introduces the Harmony Foundation’s Mother Teresa Memorial Award in 2005.
- It’s introduced as a memory of Mother Teresa.
- The Foundation is working for equality, peace, and social justice.
Mother Teresa will be always remembered as a selfless human being, and her ideologies are inspiring so many people around the world to serve the society and community they belong to society. Some so many people are working selflessly for the betterment of the society.
The Harmony Foundation’s Mother Teresa Memorial Award is given as an honor to organizations and different individuals for their work who are given everything for the betterment of society.
- Fighting for the peace, equality and social justice.
- The Mother Teresa Memorial Award is also encouraging and motivating so many people all over the world. The award promotes to work for the peace, social justice, caste, community, religion, and equality.
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other”
– Mother Teresa