Haryana defeated Kerala and won the team championship at the National Youth Athletics Meet on 23 April 2017. The National Youth Athletics Meet concluded at G.M.C. Balayogi Stadium in Hyderabad, Telangana. The meet saw the participation of about 505 athletes. Haryana emerged champions with 166.5 points. Kerala could manage only 134.75 points to finish runners-up.
- Haryana defeated arch-rivals Kerala after six years to grab the trophy.
- Haryana emerged champions with overall 166.5 points including girls and boys performance. Kerala finished as runners-up managing 134.75 points.
- Kerala won the team crown for girls with 100 points, while Haryana boys topped by scoring 108.5 points at the end.
- In Boys Category, Damneet Singh, the javelin throw player of Punjab was declared the Best Athlete.
- In the Girls Category, Aparna Roy won 100m hurdles race and was awarded as the Best Athlete.
- Rohit Yadav from Haryana improved his personal best in the javelin throw with an excellent 76.11m throw which was a new meet record.
The championships were held from 21 April to 23 April, at the GMC Balayogi Athletics Stadium, Gachibowli. About 505 athletes took participated.