Shashank Manohar had announced his resignation as International Cricket Council (ICC) chairman after eight months in office due to personal reasons. The 59- year- old Manohar had emailed his registration letter to ICC CEO Dave Richardson without clarifying the exact reason.
Highlights of Shashank Manohar resignation:
- Shashank is an Indian lawyer serving as BCCI President from 2008- 2011.
- He was re-elected as the President of BCCI in October 2015.
- Manohar’s resignation comes after the recent struggle that happened between the ICC and the BCCI regarding the matter of posed changes in the revenue structure.
- Shashank Manohar wanted to revise the revenue sharing model of ICC which was opposed by BCCI, as that would follow with a considerable drop in its revenue.
- Amidst of all these tensions taking place, Shashank Manohar submitted his resignation letter though no disclosing any particular reason in his letter.