A new scheme under the name of Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY) for the development of villages in Assam was announced by the chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal on 5 February 2017 in Guwahati. The scheme will be implemented in all the villages of Assam in the next five years which will end in 2021-22.
Objectives of CMSGUY:
- To initiate income in rural areas.
- Different departmental schemes to convergence.
- To develop skills.
- Special efforts to improve production of silk and rearing of silkworms, Bamboo products, spices, vegetable and organic farming.
- To give importance to village based eco and rural tourism.
- Double the farm income in five years.
- Cover each of the 25,425 villages in the state.
- Total investment of Rs 30,000 crore.
Highlights of the implementation of CMSGUY:
- To conduct a baseline survey of villages.
- The training of Panchayat representatives and officials would be conducted.
- The core strength of each village will be identified and would create a developmental plan accordingly.