On Feb 22, a new historical day came for a common man when the Indian Railways unveiled the special budget train for people commuting between Mumbai and Tata Nagar. Antyodya Express was proposed in 2016 Railway Budget which will work on pinnacle courses with surge price. The train will be operating on an overnight basis.
Facts related to Antyodya Express:
- It is a complete, unreserved train made especially for the common man
- Initially, it will run between Mumbai and Tatanagar. In the second phase, it will start between Ernakulam and Howrah.
- It is expected that the fares of Antyodya express will be 10%-15% more than the regular fare.
- It is the first of its kind train with bio-toilets for zero discharge effluents.
- Some facilities which can be availed in Antyodya express are water purifiers, LED lights, Toilet Occupied indication display boards and Cushioned luggage racks along with coat hooks.
- Charging ports for charging electronic gadgets, for example, mobiles, tablets and so forth are also available within the train compartment.
- The outside of the coaches will have a modern look with the utilization of Vinyl sheets.
- Safety measures in compartments, for example, presentation of smoke cautions and CCTV cameras have installed.
- Vending machines for tea, espresso is also installed in the cabinets.
- LED screen will show data about stations, prepare speed and so on and will have declaration framework also.