The State Department of the United States declared Pakistan based terrorist organization Hizbul Mujahideen as a Foreign Terrorist Organisation on August 2017. The decision came two months after designating Syed Salahuddin as a global terrorist, who is the chief of Hizbul Mujahideen.
- The US list of foreign terrorist organizations includes the Hizbul Mujahideen, the Jaish-e-Mohammad, Lashkar-e-Taiba, Indian Mujahideen and Al-Qaeda.
- The declaration will now forbid US nationals from dealing with any transactions with the group.
- The United States also declared that the country aims to cease all resources to the group to stop terror attacks.
- All of the property of Salahuddin and the interests in property that are subjected to the United States jurisdiction have been blocked.
- The declaration of terrorist individuals and groups exposes them and also brings them to the law enforcement actions of other nations.
- The terrorist organization Hizbul Mujahideen was founded by Muhammad Ahsan Dar in September 1989.
- The group is declared a terrorist organization by India, the European Union, and the United States.