On 17 August 2017, Sanjiv Gupta got appointed as the President and Managing Director (MD) of General Motors India. On 1 September 2017, he will join the office. Before this appointment, he was serving as the Chief Financial Officer, which he will continue to do so. Gupta will be replacing Kaher Kazem, who has been appointed as the President and CEO of General Motors Korea.
Highlights of Sanjiv Gupta Appointment:
- In 2003, Gupta had joined General Motors, and since then he has been serving certain important roles in VSSM, Business Planning, Auto Financing, Corporate Finance and Financial Planning in the US and Canada.
- He got promoted tothe Director of North America Financial Planning and Analysis of General Motors in February 2012.
- He also got appointed as the Director of US Sales Operations Finance in September 2013.
- He joined General Motors India as the Chief Financial Officer in May 2016.
- Gupta is an engineering graduate from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- He had completed his MBA from Ivey Business School at Western University in the year 2003.