Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, on September 2. This is the Prime Minister’s first visit to Vietnam. He is the first Prime Minister of India in last 15 years, to visit the Vietnam.
Prime Minister of Vietnam, Nguyen Xuan Phuc, held a bilateral talk, in which defense, health, information technology along with cyber security, and 12 different agreements were signed.
Key Points of PM Modi’s visit to Vietnam:
- India, increasing defense cooperation with Vietnam announced to provide 500 million (3328 crores) line of credit.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also announced a grant of $ 50 million to establish a software park in Vietnam’s Nha Treng.
- The two countries decided, to make a bilateral trade up to $ 15 billion by the year 2020.
- Both nations called the united nations’ decision to comply in south china sea.
- Vietnam has signed a strategic partnership with India and with this India has become the third country after Russia and China, to integrate strategic partnership with Vietnam.
- Both the countries decided to celebrate 2017 as the Year of Friendship.