Born: 15 November 1986
Profession: Indian Tennis Player
Achievements of Sania Mirza:
- Sania Mirza was born in Hyderabad. She is an Indian Tennis Player. She formerly ranked No. 1 in the women’s doubles rankings.
- Sania started playing Tennis at the age of six, turning professional in 2003. Apart from that, she is also a good swimmer.
- She represented India in Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016 Olympics. She is the first South Asian Woman who was announced as UN Women Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia.
- She published an autobiography titled ‘Ace against Odds’ in July 2016 about her journey. In 2004, she was honored with Arjuna Award and had received WTA New Comer of the Year in 2005.
- She was honored with by the Govt. of India with Padma Shri in 2006, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2015 and Padma Bhushan in 2016. The Govt. of Telangana appointed Sania Mirza as the brand ambassador of the state in the year 2014.