Date of Birth: 14 March 1965
Occupation: Actor, Producer, and Director
Years Active: 1984 – present
Aamir Khan’s Biography:
Aamir Khan was born in Mumbai to father Tahir Hussain and mother Zeenat Hussain. He has one brother Faisal Khan and two sisters Farhat Khan and Nikhat Khan. He appeared on screen even as a child actor under his Uncle Nasir Hussain’s direction in the film ‘Yaadon Ki Baaraat.’
He attended J.B. Petit School for his pre-primary education. He later switched to St. Anne’s High School, Bandra until the eighth grade. He completed his ninth and tenth grade at the Bombay Scottish School, Mahim.
Aamir Khan was a state level champion in tennis. He completed his twelfth grade at Mumbai’s Narsee Monjee College. In the age of sixteen, he acted in a silent film known as ‘Paranoia.’ He also joined a theatre group known as Avatar and later worked as an assistant director to Nasir Hussain.
He married Reena Dutta in 1986 and later married Kiran Rao in 2005. He has a son Junaid and daughter Ira from Reena Dutta and has a son Azad from Kiran Rao.
Aamir Khan’s Career and Achievement:
- Aamir Khan debuted in documentaries made by students of FTII, Pune.
- His on-screen debut was through the film ‘Qyamat Se Qyamat Tak’ which was directed by his uncle.
- During the period from 1900-2001, he had various successful films in his career. Some super hit films areDil Hai Ke Manta Nahi (1991), Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992), Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (1993). Some other popular films are Rangeela (1995), Raja Hindustani(1996), Isaq(1997), Ghulam(1997), Sarfarosh(1999), Lagaan(2001) and Dil Chahta Hai(2001).
- Aamir Khan made his acting comeback in 2005 with Mangal Pandey: The Rising. He later delivered classic films like Rang De Basanti(2006), Fanaa(2006) and Taare Zameen Par(2007).
- In the latter half of his career, he developed as a perfectionist by films like Ghajini(2008), 3 Idiots(2009), Dhoom 3(2013), PK(2014), Dangal(2016).
- He also had a small touch of television to his career by doing Satyamev Jayate.
Aamir Khan’s Awards and Recognition:
- Aamir Khan received Best Male Debut for ‘Qyamat Se Qyamat Tak’ in 1990.
- He received National Film Award- Special Mention for ‘Raakh.’
- He was awarded Filmfare Award for Best Actor for ‘Raja Hindustani’ in 1996.
- Due to ‘Lagaan’ in 2001, he won his second Filmfare Award for Best Actor, and the film won a National Award.
- In his whole career, he had received several nominations for various awards but got only seven.